Here at F.A. Davis, we know that nurses are caring and compassionate by nature, and that the field they’ve chosen to embark on is rewarding. But sometimes, nursing can be very challenging, and those challenges begin on Day One of nursing school. We want to do what we can to help. That’s why our nursing team created our first annual Undergraduate Nursing Scholarship. We’ll be giving $1,500 to a lucky LPN/LVN, RN, or RN-BSN student in the U.S. or Canada. Read on for more details!
First, all the details you need to apply are right here. Download the application guidelines and the application form on that page.
The deadline for all applications is July 15, 2015.
How it works:
Applicants will need to submit the following for a completed application.
- A completed application form.
- An official transcript.
- Proof of current enrollment
- One of the following: enrollment verification letter, acceptance letter, course registration for upcoming semester.
- Introduction: In 100-200 words, tell us about yourself. Why are you applying for this scholarship? Feel free to include fun facts, an appropriate photograph, or anything that you feel would make you stand out.
- Short Essay: In 300-600 words, write about one of the following:
- How will you make an impact on society after you have earned your degree?
- If you had the power to change nursing practice, what would it be and why?
- Was there a defining moment in your life that made you want to pursue a nursing career?
We can’t wait to read your stories! The winner will be announced on August 15, 2015, so please no inquiries ahead of time. (We’re sure we’ll be agonizing over which amazing candidate to choose!)
Not sure if you should apply? You are 100% eligible if you meet these criteria:
- Must be currently pursuing one of the following undergraduate nursing degrees leading to NCLEX eligibility: LPN/LVN, RN, or RN-BSN.
- Must be enrolled in a nursing program for the 2015 school year.
- Must be a student in good standing with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- U.S. and Canadian students (must be a citizen, legal resident, or holder of a valid student Visa)
And if you still have questions, we’re happy to answer them. Just contact us here anytime.