Welcome back to this weeks NCLEX test taking tip brought to you by Davis Edge NCLEX-RN! Stay tuned for more tips to come!
Test-taking tip #7: Identify the global option.
- Global options are more broad and wide-ranging than specific options.
- One or more of the other options might be included under the umbrella of a global option.
- Examine global options carefully because they are often the correct answer.
- For example, a global option might say, “Keep patients clean and dry” versus a specific option, which might say, “Wash a patient’s perineal area after toileting.”
- Study tips: Construct as many specific options as possible that could be included under the umbrella of a global option. Construct as many global options as possible in relation to the content presented in the stem. Doing so will increase your ability to identify a global option.